Pity Party: In Which A Children's Book Provides a Valuable Lesson

Something awful happened at work today. I have already blogged about its horrors (and, wow, are they horrible), so there's no need to rehash. I kept my shit together (*rim shot*) enough to gather my things and uber home. Once there I threw myself a pity party featuring a long bath with a fancy Australian sachet I've been saving for nearly a year, two Cokes, and a lot of ugly crying to This Is Us, which is ridiculously emotionally manipulative and just what the doctor ordered today.

It's been ages since this sort of thing happened to me, and I'm shaken. I'm also tired, angry, and frustrated. But I'm going to do my core workout, make dinner, and remember the message of Lily's Purple Plastic Purse.

Today was a difficult day. Tomorrow will be better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Totally Not Defying Gravity: In Which We Learn About Life from the Perspective of the Fallen

Diagnosis, Part Two (Electric Boogaloo): In Which a Diagnosis *Is* Given (Spoiler: It's MS!)